You are a pest by the very nature of that camera in your hand.
~~~ Princess Anne ~~~

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Family




I am a genealogist. I joke that I spend a lot of my time looking for dead relatives.

This is Bethel Cemetery. When I first visited there in 1998, I was looking for the graves of some of my grandma's relatives. I think the most exciting moment I've had as a genealogist was walking thru the oldest section (which is what you are looking at in this view) and realizing that 7 generations of my ancestors, as well as many more collateral relatives, are buried there. I have 130 names listed in my genealogy program of my family members who can be found in this cemetery.

You can see a list of some of the more notable graves at Historic Bethel Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you think!

Want to post a link? Click HERE for instructions!