You are a pest by the very nature of that camera in your hand.
~~~ Princess Anne ~~~

Monday, June 02, 2008

Nostalgic



This was taken at a family reunion in 2006, the first one we'd had since 1979! That's my Dad and his three sisters acting silly! We all had such a good time.

Just a few days after he returned home, my dad had a serious stroke, and while he made a remarkable recovery, other health problems have taken a toll on him since. It's hard, he lives 1500 miles from me and won't consider moving anywhere else. He's got a great network of friends there, he's living his life the way he wants, and I think the memories of fun times we've had together in the past make the future easier to face.

In case anyone is interested in seeing what they looked like as children, check out my genealogy blog, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you think!

Want to post a link? Click HERE for instructions!